10+ Best Product Review Plugins for WordPress (Free and Paid)
A WordPress review plugin is a software or extension that makes it easy for anyone to showcase product ratings, specifications, benefits, and drawbacks. Although you can do this manually, plugins can help you do it more effectively in a structured way.
You’ll find tons of product review plugins on WordPress. Some are dedicated, and some offer separate blocks or widgets for creating product review sections. In this article, we will discuss some of the best product review plugins for WordPress.
Before that, we’ll briefly analyze why and when you should use a product review plugin on your site. Get started!
Why and When You Should Use A Product Review Plugin
Using a product review plugin is highly useful when product review sections are a prominent element on your website. Below are some key scenarios where you must use a product review plugin.
a. eCommerce Website
Product review sections are an inevitable part of any eCommerce site. Most eCommerce builder plugin like WooCommerce has a built-in product review feature. If your builder plugin doesn’t have the feature, you must use a separate product review plugin.
b. Affiliate Marketing Website
Those affiliate marketing websites earn comparatively more whose product review sections are more beautiful, properly structured, and eye-hooking. Using a plugin can help you do that efficiently. Learn how to design affiliate marketing websites.
c. Tech and Gadget Sites
Tech and gadget sites usually tend to cover detailed comparisons between multiple products alongside star ratings. And there is no good alternative to suitable product review plugins to do this job perfectly.
d. Business and Product Directories
Customer ratings are considered an important perimeter in covering products and businesses chronologically in any listicle post or page. Using a product review plugin, you can showcase ratings and customer testimonials about products or businesses while covering listicle posts.
e. Build User Engagement
Customers love reading reviews. According to many studies, over 60% of people tend to read out reviews before buying any product. Using a suitable plugin can make your product review section more engaging and allure people to stay a long time on your site.
10+ Best Product Review Plugins for WordPress
This section will discuss some of the best WordPress product review plugins of different types. We will cover free, freemium, and premium plugins to make it a balanced discussion. Take a quick look at the plugins we’re going to cover.
Let’s explore their key features and detailed analysis –
1. WP Customer Reviews
WP Customer Reviews is a free WordPress review plugin giving you optimum control over managing all types of reviews. The plugin lets you collect reviews from customers and create a separate section for writing your own reviews as well.
You have the authority to check every review you receive before publishing them. As a result, you can easily reject spammy reviews. Another standout feature is that you can specify the search engine, which are your reviews and which are from customers, using respective schemas.
WP Customer Reviews include some anti-spam measures that automatically prevent many harmful reviews. You can create a simple form that allows customers to submit their reviews on the front end with their name, email, and other information.
Key features of the WP Customer Reviews plugin
- Shortcodes are available to show your reviews anywhere on your site
- Works with cache plugins and all the popular themes
- Supports creating custom fields as you want
- Allows to moderate the received comments
- Fast and lightweight that never slows down your site
- Prevent spambots using your own anti-spam measures
- Compatible WP Multiuser
Price of the WP Customer Reviews plugin
WP Customer Reviews is a free plugin. It doesn’t have a premium version yet.
Explore the best anti-spam plugins for WordPress to protect your site from various spam and malware attacks.
2. Customer Reviews for WooCommerce
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce is a freemium plugin. It can help you add and display detailed reviews of products in your store. The plugin lets customers upload photo reviews of their purchased products, and other customers vote on them.
Potential customers can even filter these reviews to find out the exact information they want. Customer Reviews for WooCommerce have some other exciting features. When customers buy a product, the plugin automatically sends an email with review requests.
If someone submits a review, it sends a follow-up email with a coupon code so people come to buy again. You can also use this plugin for other purposes if you don’t have the WooCommerce plugin installed. But together, they can do magic.
Key features of the Customer Reviews for WooCommerce plugin
- Enhanced reviews allow rating, photos, voting, and filtering option
- Built-in review schema helps you improve your SEO score
- Adds a trust badge on comments so potential customers feel more reliability
- Automatically generates and sends coupon codes to customers who submit a review
- Lets customers submit multiple product reviews through one form
- Has an integration with Google Shop
- Reviews are easily importable and exportable
Price of the Customer Reviews for WooCommerce
The Customer Reviews for WooCommerce plugin has a free version available on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $49.99/year.
3. Strong Testimonials
Strong Testimonials is a feature-packed WordPress review plugin. It comes with a separate powerful admin panel for managing reviews. You can create as many forms as you want with the plugin to gather reviews and testimonials on different types of products.
Afterward, you can create categories to classify these reviews and display them on relevant pages. You may show up these reviews on the sidebars or the main page block sections. What’s more? You can order the testimonials from the newest to oldest or oldest to newest.
Each new form and category generates a new shortcode, which you can easily place anywhere on your website. Strong Testimonials have integration with Elementor and Divi. You can drag and drop the shortcode widget and paste the particular shortcode.
Key features of the Strong Testimonials plugin
- Easy to import reviews from Facebook, Google My Business, Yelp, WooCommerce, and more
- Allows to add custom fields to the review collection forms
- Multiple testimonial collection forms
- Built-in schema markup ensures better SEO performances
- Contains Captcha and anti-spam measures to prevent bot users
- Has beautifully designed demo templates to showcase testimonials
- A separate section for managing all the shortcodes you create
Price of the Strong Testimonials plugin
Strong Testimonials plugin has a free version available on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $29/year with a 14-day refund policy.
4. Site Reviews
Site Review is a versatile WordPress plugin for collecting and publishing reviews of different types of products and services. Though ratings and reviews will automatically be shown in a default order, you can pin some of the best reviews on the top for better impressions.
You can also prioritize the better reviews on the top. Site Reviews allow you to use shortcodes, widgets, or blocks for displaying reviews. You categorize the reviews and show them on particular pages respectively. It comes with a special editor block for the Gutenberg block editor.
Furthermore, Site Reviews includes comprehensive blacklisting and filtering options. You can specify negative words, IP addresses, names, and email addresses that will be automatically excluded in review filtering.
Key features of the Site Reviews plugin
- Lets you check and approve reviews before publishing them
- Includes multi-layer protections to prevent spam reviews
- Sends requests to the users to leave reviews
- Supports translation into multiple languages
- Customizable settings for displaying ratings and reviews
- Options for displaying reviews on particular posts and pages
- Has a backup and restore feature so you can recover the data again
Price of the Site Reviews plugin
Site Reviews have a free version available on WordPress.org. Its premium version charges €89/year for a regular license with a 14-day refund policy.
5. Real Testimonials
You can use the Real Testimonials plugin to display customer reviews, testimonials, and quotes in several different ways. You can display them respectively on particular posts, pages, and widgets. Real Testimonials come with a shortcode generator.
Shortcodes can give you better control over selecting suitable places for displaying your reviews. Real Testimonials have multiple pre-built layouts and styles. You can choose any of them or display the testimonials as sliders. The functionalities of the slider are fully customizable.
It lets you configure infinite loop, autoplay, and more options. Real Testimonials support photo and video testimonials as well. Its developer-friendly feature enables you to extend its functionalities with plenty of hooks to modify the testimonial templates.
Key features of the Real Testimonials plugin
- Robust styling options for customizing the look and functionalities of the testimonial views
- Drag and drop builder for creating unlimited submission forms
- Anti-spam prevention feature to blockade spam infiltration
- Seamlessly integrates with Divi, Elementor, WPBekary, Gutenberg, and more
- Supports showing multiple testimonial sliders on the same page
- Built-in schema helps to optimize the content for search engines
Price of the Real Testimonials plugin
Real Testimonials have a free version available on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $49/year with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
6. Ultimate Blocks
If you are a content marketer and thinking of creating detailed review posts, Ultimate Blocks is for you. However, you cannot collect reviews with this plugin. Rather the plugin helps you cover personal-detailed review posts on any product and service.
Ultimate Blocks is actually a Gutenberg block plugin with 20+ custom blocks. Reviews and Ratings are two of its robust blocks. The Review block lets you showcase product ratings by star or percentage. You can also enable detailed review schema with the block.
The review schema lets you choose the product item type, item subtype, brand, SKU, identifier, and more. You may add a CTA button linking up the checkout page, mentioning the product price and stock status in the same section.
The Review block also includes a Pro-and-Cons section. In addition, to enrich the entire section, you can use the Rating block of this plugin alongside.
Key features of the Ultimate Blocks plugin
- Includes dozens of blocks for content marketing
- Both the Review and Rating blocks are highly customizable
- Built-in schema can boost your content appearance on search engines
- Show the product image, the review writer’s name, and a summary of the product
- Helps in growing product sales through the CTA button
- Easy to stylize the pros and cons section
Price of the Ultimate Blocks plugin
The Ultimate Blocks have a free version on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $39/year with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
7. Widgets for Google Reviews
You can understand the name and functionality of this plugin from its name. Widgets for Google Reviews help you embed and showcase the Google reviews of your products and services on your website. Hope you have an idea about what Google review is.
When you search for any restaurant, office, tourism spot, market, location, and else on Google typing their names, you will see ratings and reviews about them on the right sidebar. With the Widgets for Google Reviews plugin, you can easily import and display them on your website.
Not only Google, but you can also import reviews from various social platforms and display them on your site using shortcodes.
Key features of the Widgets for Google Reviews plugin
- Displays reviews from Google, Facebook, Yelp, Amazon, and over 100 platforms
- Offers dozens of mobile responsive widget styles and layouts
- Easy to add your company email signature
- Integration with ChatGPT helps in writing replies to your reviews
- Allows you to add background images to your review widgets
- Creates special page showcasing reviews from all the platforms
Price of the Widgets for Google Reviews plugin
The Widgets for Google Reviews plugin has a free version available on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $65/year with a 30-day refund period.
8. WP Review Slider
If you have Facebook and Twitter pages where you collect reviews about your products and services, the WP Review Slider plugin will help you import and display those reviews on your website. After installing the plugin, you have to connect those social platforms.
And this configuration will guide you on importing reviews and doing the rest. The plugin’s premium version will enhance your ability to work with many other platforms, like Glassdoor, Google Play, eBay, Airbnb, and more.
WP Review Slider gives you several eye-soothing templates. You can choose one and customize it for additional stylization. After that, paste the shortcode template to your posts and pages anywhere you want.
Key features of the WP Review Slider plugin
- Allows to create of customizable review slider templates
- Use shortcodes for displaying reviews
- Automatically sends an email notice when your site gets a negative rating
- Easy to show verified icons on particular reviews
- Open for adding image and video reviews
Price of the WP Review Slider plugin
The WP Review Slider Plugin has a free version available on WordPres.org. Its premium version charges $29/year with a 30-day refund period.
9. Star Testimonials
Star Testimonials is another promising WordPress review plugin for exhibiting customer reviews in testimonial format. The functionality of this plugin is also similar to the Review block of the Ultimate Blocks plugin we have covered above.
But the difference is you have to create the review section on the Gutenberg editor with the Ultimate Blocks plugin. But in the case of Start Testimonials, you have to do it on the admin dashboard. Once the testimonial template is ready, you will publish it using a shortcode.
Key features of the Star Testimonials plugin
- Lets you display the review writer’s name and image
- Easy to create widgets for displaying testimonials
- Uses shortcodes for adding testimonials to web posts and pages
- Supports Rating schema for Google search pages
- Has integrations with Elementor, Divi, WPBakery, Visual Composer, and more
Price of the Start Testimonials plugin
Start Testimonials have a free version on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $25/year with a 30-day refund policy.
10. Starfish Reviews
Starfish Reviews is a great plugin for running review-generation marketing campaigns. You can create a funnel and send the URL to customers, users, followers, and audiences to share their feedback. You can send links to let people submit their reviews wherever the platform they want.
These platforms could be Facebook, Yelp, Google My Business Reviews, Trustpilot, iTunes, TripAdvisor, and Amazon Product Review. After that, you can import and publish those reviews on your website. If some people are unhappy with your product, this plugin can give you feedback directly.
You can instantly improve customers’ experiences, so they agree to change the negative feedback.
Key features of the Starfish Reviews plugin
- Customers are allowed to submit reviews on their desired platforms
- You can improve customers’ experience and request them to change negative feedbacks
- Create multiple review generation funnels and campaigns on different platforms
- Analytics to overview ratings and reviews on different platforms
- Comprehensive review platform to evaluate customers’ satisfaction level
Price of the Starfish Reviews plugin
Starfish Reviews have a free plugin available on WordPress.org. Its premium version starts from $37/month.
11. WP TripAdvisor Review Slider
WP TripAdvisor Review Slider is only for users who have accounts on TripAdvisor.com. This is actually a globally well-known booking site. People visit this website to research travel agencies, hotels, and restaurants before going for a tour or reserving a restaurant.
Now if you sell or promote any of your business or services through this website, you can easily import the ratings and reviews with the WP TripAdvisor Review Slider plugin to your WordPress website. However, you don’t need this plugin if you don’t have an account on TripAdvisor.com.
Key features of the WP TripAdvisor Review Slider plugin
- Easy to import and display reviews from TripAdvisor.com
- Slider templates are available for showcasing reviews in eye-hooking ways
- The plugin automatically checks for the newest reviews
- Allows to customize the default templates for better appearance
- Filters out negative ratings by values
Price of the WP TripAdvisor Review Slider plugin
WP TripAdvisor Review Slider has a free version available on WordPress.org. Its premium starts from $29/year with a 30-day refund period.
FAQ on Best Product Review Plugins for WordPress
We’ll now answer some frequently asked questions related to the best practices of the product review system and get the most out of it.
How to use product reviews for SEO?
1. Write quality content
2. Optimize the content with relevant keywords
3. Use structured data markup to help search engines understand the review
4. Add internal and external links naturally
5. Include relevant images and videos
6. Regularly update with valid recent information
What are the best review sites to collect customer and product reviews?
1. Google Customer Review
2. Amazon Customer Review
What is the best plugin to write comprehensive review posts?
While most of the above plugins are best for collecting and publishing reviews from customers, Ultimate Blocks is the best one.
You can use its Review, Rating, and Testimonial blocks along with its other blocks for writing comprehensive review posts.
Which one is the best product review plugin for WooCommerce?
According to our evaluation, Customer Reviews for WooCommerce is the best product review plugin for WooCommerce.
It automatically sends emails containing review requests to customers whenever they buy a product. If customers buy any product, the plugin sends a follow-up containing a coupon code so the customer feels interested in buying again.
How to reduce negative customer reviews?
1. Be honest in sharing product information
2. Have an easy return and refund policy
3. Be proactive in communication
4. Handle negative feedback diplomatically
5. Distribute incentives when someone submits positive feedback
Positive reviews are gold for any business. Today over 50% of customers love to buy products from websites that collect and publish product reviews. Showing negligence in collecting and showing reviews means you are sure to miss out on a huge number of potential customers.
Because they will switch to other products and websites having reviews. Managing reviews manually could be a hassling process. Using a review plugin can bring efficiency and remarkably ease the process. After a thorough evaluation, we have tried to list all the best product review plugins for WordPress in the article.
If you have loved our effort, let us know your feedback in the comment box. Also, submit if you have any better suggestions for us.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Don’t miss any updates of our new templates and extensions
and all the astonishing offers we bring for you.