Information We Collect
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information includes only your name and email, which you submit to us through the registration process at the website.
1. Information collected via Technology
- browser type
- language preference
- referring site
- date and time of website visit
- IP address
The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. You can configure your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from any website you visit. If you do this, it’s possible that Freemius might not work as well. For complete information about our cookies policy please visit our Cookies Policy page.
2. Information you provide us by registering for an account
3. Information you provide us by interacting with the SDK
We do not collect any data by default. Appsero gathers information only with user’s consent (via our SDK).
Appsero starts collecting data when a plugin author integrates our SDK in their plugin and the WordPress plugin user provides consent to share the data with Appsero via an admin notice.
Integrating Appsero SDK DOES NOT IMMEDIATELY start gathering data in any case without confirmation from users.
The data Appsero collects when you give proper consent using the SDK are –
- Your WordPress website URL
- Your WordPress website’s PHP version
- Your WordPress version
- Your WordPress admin name & email
- Your WordPress admin user’s public IP Address
- The plugin version [the plugin which incorporated Appsero SDK]
- Whether the plugin is in active/deactive state [the plugin which incorporated Appsero SDK]
- Server software (e.g Apache/Nginx/Litespeed etc)
- MySQL version
- WordPress locale
- Whether your WordPress installation is multisite or not
- Plugin deactivation reason (Captured via a popup while deactivating the plugin. User can choose not to provide any deactivation data. Data is only collected for the plugin that is using Appsero SDK)
How Your Data is being Used
Appsero DOES NOT SELL, trade, rent or otherwise share your data with anyone for marketing purposes without your consent.
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
In general, we use Non-Personal Information to help us improve the Appsero service and customize the user experience. We also aggregate Non-Personal Information in order to track trends and analyze use patterns on the site.
SDK Gathered Information
The information Appsero SDK gathers from a particular plugin can only be accessed by respective plugin author. The information is used to provide business insights that help to make better decisions. Again, we do not sell, trade, rent or share the SDK gathered data with anyone without your consent.
How We Protect Information
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement
Please note that under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Your Rights Regarding The Use of Your Personal Information
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a promotional communication to a user, the user can opt out of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional e-mail.
If you would like to request access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your personal data, you can submit a written request to the contact information provided below. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity.
Your Right To Be Forgotten
You have the right to request for the erasure of your personal data off of our servers. Once such a request is made by you (please contact us at: [email protected]) we will be committed to carry out the erasure procedure as soon as possible.
Please note that:
- Even after the erasure procedure is complete, your personal data will continue to reside in our backup archives for another 3 weeks. The reason for that is that it’s inoperable for us to isolate individual personal data within the entire archive.
- You can rest assured that your personal data will not be restored back into the production systems (except in certain rare instances, e.g., the need to recover from a natural disaster or from a serious security breach). In such cases, your personal data may be restored from backups, but the controller will take the necessary steps to honor the initial request and erase the primary instance of that data once again.
- Any backup archives which contain personal data are protected by strong encryption. Therefore, even if criminals were able to steal the archive, its contents would still remain inaccessible to them.
- Records of all data subject requests regarding their personal data will be retained, as will audit logs that record all activities on backup archives containing personal data. This means that the user can be confident that their personal data has been backed up in accordance with GDPR principles of security by design and by default, as well as data minimiza
appsero.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, appsero.com uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that appsero.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
appsero.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.